Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cheerleader Try-outs

OK, so I am still a bit of a cheerleader at heart. I think that is why I was so excited when DD brought home paperwork for trying out for cheerleader. :) As soon as she got in the car yesterday she said, "Mom, there is something I want to do." I'm thinking what is the world could this be?? She digs in her backpack and pulls out a cheerleader try-out flyer. I read all through it, looked it up on line and emailed the lady this morning. It's not nearly as competative as they made it sound which I was happy to hear. They have a parent meeting coming up then the try-outs which is more to make sure they really want to do it than a real try-out. Like the agony I remember from high school. I didn't want that for her at such a young age. I want it to be something she enjoys and wants to do rather than beat her over the head with it. Hopefully, she'll love it as much as I did!

No comments: